Sunday, March 3, 2013

How the Journey began..

So, I've never blogged before.. I always wanted too but found myself so busy, All the Time! Ha Ha

So the reason I decided to start this blog was because I have been so blessed to be asked... Actually, let me rephrase that.. The plan for surrogacy was actually "only" brought up.  Was not intended at that exact moment towards me, but in fact just brought up in a small conversation with my husband Nick, back on September 20th, 2012.  Honestly, all it took was him mentioning it to me over the phone.  I told him that the idea was for sure a possibility.  I believe I even shocked him at some point. 

Although, throughout the last few years I had thrown out the possibility of me wanting to be a surrogate, I believe that in that very moment it was just as big of a surprise for him as it was for me.  You see, I'm not as young as I used to be! :)  I guess when I first mentioned the idea of my interest it was back in 2008.  So, now here we are almost 5 years later and the thought of some dear friends struggling to find a surrogate, came knocking at my door!

With "a lot" of prayer and an amazing and supporting husband, I decided "I" as in Me, Alvina, Wife, Mother of 6, "busy" mother of 6, Working Mother, Softball driving, watching, CTR 8 teacher, Activity Day Leader (my Church Callings/Responsibilities) was going to give up 1+ years of her life to give this amazing family something that they could treasure for the rest of their lives!


Alvina

No comments:

Post a Comment