Tuesday, March 5, 2013

And the craziness begins!

So, I talked to UCRM nurse on Monday, February 25th and she emailed over my schedule!  Wow, talk about a busy month for me!  Trying to follow this calendar to a "T" is going to be tough!  But "of course" I will follow it Religiously!



Like all my highlights?? LOL  If you don't know me by now, I'm very organized!  I have to be in order to make my life structured & easiest for me! :)

I will only have to give myself a shot of Lupron every morning, starting March 3rd and take my Birth Control every night, as of right now.  But come March 13th I will start taking the Estrace.

I decided to explain what each medication is for:

Lupron:
Lupron (leuprolide acetate) is often prescribed for endometriosis because it dramatically lowers estrogen levels by regulating the body's production of follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone. The uterine lining is highly dependent upon estrogen for growth.
It is also prescribed in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles. In IVF treatment, when a patient is on the "luteal Lupron" protocol she usually starts Lupron seven days prior to her next menstrual cycle. Dosages are adjusted based upon each patients individual response.

Estrace:
Estrace is a form of estrogen that can be administered orally to mimic the effects of estrogen normally produced by the ovaries.
During cycles for recipients and frozen embryo transfers (FET) the ovaries are being suppressed by Lupron. This makes it necessary to stimulate the endometrium with estrogen so that it is ready for implantation.
Estrace is taken initially as 1 mg twice daily, then 2 mg three times a day. After the Lupron is discontinued it is taken 2 mg twice daily.

Progesterone:
Progesterone is recognized as a vital female hormone central to successful conception and a healthy pregnancy. In short, progesterone is a female sex hormone that is secreted by the corpus luteum to prepare the endometrium for implantation of the fertilized egg. Following implantation off the egg, the developing placenta signals the body to produce progesterone and prevent rejection of the developing embryo or fetus.



  • Helps create a fertile, warm environment in the womb and promotes the survival of the fertilized egg through healthy implantation.



  • Strengthens and maintains the secretory endometrium which sustains the embryo throughout pregnancy.



  • Prevents the premature shedding of the secretory endometrium (menstruation).




  • Alvina



    No comments:

    Post a Comment