Saturday, June 22, 2013

~14 Weeks~

Yippee!! I feel alive again!! Thank goodness. :) I seriously have not been sick or tired once this whole week! Okay.. Maybe a little tired.. but I decided to go back to work full time this last Monday so that could be why too.

We had an appointment yesterday and C was able to make the drive down to come with me! I love her!! I feel so lucky to have the IP's be so close (well 4 hrs away) so that they could enjoy the growth of their baby. Yesterday, we were able to hear this little buns heartbeat and boy was it so strong & sweet!! I have to say, I was a little nervous going into the appointment.. I had been feeling "so" amazing that it kinda scared me a little. But the second I heard that little heart pounding.. my heart melted and immediately started pounding right along with his/hers. And that smile on C's face.. :) So gentle and soft, just made me grin from ear to ear!!

The only downfall to this appointment is when I noticed the nurse jotting down my weight gain!! :\ Yikes! 4 more lbs! So, now I am up 6 lbs.. Dang you watermelon, grapes, peaches, apples, grapes, cottage cheese, laughing cow Swiss cheese & Subways Veggie Delight sandwich!! LOL, just kidding! Could you imagine if I was craving junk food and fast food?? Ha Ha

After my appointment C took me to Cafe Rio and I seriously scarfed down a Sweet Pork Salad! We were able to enjoy some conversation. I wish I could sit and talk with her for hours.. But unfortunately, I had almost taken a 2 hour lunch and had to get back to work. :( She also brought me a goody bag of healthy and organic snacks! I would post a pic but I took it back to my office and have been snacking on them all day!

We finally remembered to take a picture together!

Weight Gain: 6 lbs!

Cravings: Watermelon, Peaches, Grapes, Apples, Pineapple, any kind of Dry Fruit, Cottage Cheese, Jalapeno Cheddar Bagels from Harmons (Thanks Boss!), Cafe Rio Salads, Subway, Ice Water, Juice.

Symptoms: Weight Gain, Extreme Potty Breaks, Picky Eating (still), Trouble Sleeping.

14 Week Baby Bump!
Finally started feeling round today!!


Their baby's the size of a lemon!
At week 14, their baby is 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces, he's/she's almost doubled in weight since last week and keeps on growing.



Their baby at 14 weeks
  • He's/She's probably sucking his/her thumb and wiggling his/her toes in there!
  • His/Her kidneys are making urine, and his/her liver and spleen are doing their jobs, too.
  • And he's/she's growing lanugo, a thin, peach-fuzz-like hair, all over his/her body -- it will help him/her keep warm!

1 comment:

  1. I just read your posts it is really helpful for those who want to become a surrogate mother. It is really a god gift that you can deliver a baby to someone who has really need it. Surrogacy has become so popular due largely to the increasing infertility rates combined with an increasing number of LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) population around the world.

    Surrogacy in India

    ReplyDelete