Friday, December 6, 2013

~38 Weeks~

38 Weeks and we are still going strong.. All along I kept having this intuition that we would go early so we'll see. I think a lot of it was because up until 3 weeks ago he was always sizing 2-3 weeks larger then he should've been. But now it looks like he is slowing down his growth spurt.

He seems to be doing great! Moving around as much as possible but still tending to sleep a lot better then he was last month. I could feel him really down low and wonder how he hasn't broken my water with as active and aggressive as he is?! It's amazing how he can push and stretch so much in there. Most days I have to grip onto something and take a deep breath!

As for me.. I keep telling myself that I am doing okay. I feel really great for about 3 hours a day and then I get hit with exhaustion or intense contractions. I am eating about 5 small meals a day with snacks in between and apparently that still isn't enough for this little munchkin! ha-ha! I believe he is going to have a hefty appetite for his Mommy & Daddy! :) My hands and feet are still continuing to swell and some nights I have to wrap my legs with ace bandages just to keep them from cramping. I also noticed that my hands and feet are starting to go numb at odd hours of the day? This has never happened before so it's so strange to me. This week has been really rough on me for sleep. The problem is.. I'm just not getting any! I am averaging about 2.5 hours a night of sleep? I cannot get comfortable, whether it's in my bed, the floor, the couch, a recliner, nothing. :( Lets just say I may or may not have fallen asleep at work!...

We had our weekly appointment and it looks like I've put on 3 more lbs. Not too bad this far into the pregnancy though. :) Blood pressure is good. Dr. says I am dilated to a 2 and 75% effaced. We are moving along! He looked at my cankles and legs and said the swelling is pretty normal and he's surprised I didn't swell with any of my last pregnancies. Thank goodness! :) He says we are measuring right on, exactly. So, glad cause last week he made me nervous by saying he was measuring a few weeks behind? But things were looking great today. Oh, and it looks like my Group B test is negative so that's good!

Weight Gain: 24 lbs!

Symptoms: Back Pain, Leg Cramps, Swollen Feet, Potty Breaks, Hard time sleeping, Pelvic Pressure, Exhaustion, varicose veins :(.

Cravings: Ice Chips, Ice Water, Bananas, Apples, Dried Fruit, Carrots, Broccoli, Tomatoes, Bread... I got a strange craving for Rolo's the other night too! I will eat anything I don't have to cook at this time! :)

38 Weeks and counting!


Their baby's the size of a pumpkin! 
Baby Boy is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 7 to 9.2 pounds. His head is now about the same circumference as his abdomen.





Their baby at 38 week!
  • He may have about an inch or so of hair already.
  • He's slowly shedding that white goo on his skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment