Saturday, September 28, 2013

~28 Weeks~

Yippee! We are now in the 3rd Trimester!! How great it feels to finally be here! :) These last 12 weeks I know are not only going to fly by but he is going to grow so much more for his mommy & daddy. I keep telling myself to start Christmas shopping cause I am such a procrastinator with that... And I know the further I wait the more uncomfortable I will become but just the thought of Christmas shopping makes my heart race, my hands sweat & my stomach turn..o_o

This Monday we had our monthly appointment and of course C made the 3-4 hour drive down for it! :) I love her support throughout this entire process! She is a doll!

As for my appointment it went pretty well. I only gained 2 lbs!! Woohoo! Feeling proud of myself! :) So that makes it a total of 16 lbs.  Last week I had to take my Glucose test and it looks like everything looks amazing. Well, actually I was a little anemic, this little guy is taking all my Iron which I honestly already knew since I'm pretty exhausted lately. Even with taking Iron pills? :\  Someone told me to eat Liver, *gag*, so not happening! Here are some ideas I've found that I am going to try:
  • Red meat
  • Egg yolks
  • Dark, leafy greens (spinach, collards)
  • Dried fruit (prunes, raisins)
  • Iron-enriched cereals and grains (check the labels)
  • Mollusks (oysters, clams, scallops)
  • Turkey or chicken giblets (Umm. No Thanks!)
  • Beans, lentils, chick peas and soybeans
  • Liver (No Way!)
  • Artichokes
So, I've started eating a little more red meat, which I honestly am still struggling with since becoming pregnant. Egg yolks and everything else on here is do-able! :) Hoping with my supplements and these items above I will no longer be anemic. :)

Anyways, Dr. told me I was his new favorite patient!! I was his second but his first just delivered!! LOL Said I am as healthy as they come. Perfect. As for this little guy he is looking great doc said, but he is still measuring over 2 weeks ahead of schedule. So.. now we go in every 2 weeks from here on out? He didn't explain to us why, but I am thinking just to monitor the both of us, which I am all for it! :)

C is the cutest! When we were in the waiting room she wanted to touch the belly. I wish she wouldn't feel so awkward doing this. This is her baby and if anyone in this entire world has the approval to do so, it is her! :) When it was time for her to head back home I could tell that it was really hard for her.. She then explained that she feels like she is leaving a huge part of her, which I know she is, she trust me with all her heart with this little miracle and that makes me so grateful! She, has such a kind heart and I promise you C, he will be home with "S" family soon. Then you all can love on him and enjoy every waken minute with him. I know I am enjoying him so much. Me and him have this little bond.. :) and I love that and cherish that. And I also know that he has this connection with his parents and he cannot wait to meet them!

Weight Gain: 16 lbs!

Cravings: Fruits and Veggies still! Lots of Salads & Smoothies, Green Olives :\, Avocados, Eggs, Tortilla's, Soups, Juice, Ice Water.. Especially with pebble ice, man I love pebble ice, it's probably my weakness! LOL

Symptoms: Headaches, Heartburn, Backache, Pelvic Pressure, Braxton Hicks, Shortness of Breath and most of all I am tired all the time.. :( I just cannot seem to get good sleep lately.

28 Weeks!
I'm not sure what's wrong with my camera on my phone? I upgraded and this is what all my pics are looking like now? I've got to mess with it some more.


Their baby's the size of an eggplant!
Putting on layers of fat, their baby now weighs in around 2 to 2.5 pounds and measures about 14 to 14.8 inches.



Their baby at 28 weeks
  • He's starting to develop more fat, so his wrinkly skin will start to get smoother.
  • His lungs are mature enough that he'd probably survive if he was born now. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment