Friday, August 30, 2013

~24 Weeks~

Hallelujah! We are finally at 6 months! It's kind of hard knowing the very day that you got pregnant cause then it seems to drag on forever. Once we hit 20 weeks though it seems like this last 4 weeks has flown by. But I shall savior these last 16 weeks or 112 days! :)

This little guy is so active all the time. And I can tell what foods he agrees with and what foods he disagrees with! Lol He sleeps a ton during the night but all day long he is very active! Hoping he continues to sleep good at night for his mommy and daddy! And maybe even mellows out for them during the day! :)  But as of right now it looks like Apple Juice and Orange Juice are his favorite and this is mostly what keeps him wiggling around in there! Also, I cannot seem to get enough sour foods? I guess, more vinegar based foods? Cucumbers w/ s&p and vinegar, green olives, pickles, even sauerkraut! And I am still loving bread.. :|

Yesterday C & her lovely sister J were able to make it down for our 24 week Dr.'s appointment. It's always so good to see her! They both greeted me in the Dr.'s office. Wow, and can I say that both those sisters are just beautiful & so genuine!

We were having an ultrasound to follow up on this little guys kidneys. At the anatomy scan last month it showed that his kidneys were a little dilated. At yesterdays ultrasound they said that his kidneys looked perfect! She couldn't believe how much better they looked in such a short amount of time! This made us all so happy! :) Also, I could not believe how much he was moving for the tech! She even asked what I had fed him before coming to my appointment cause he was all over the place. This was our second ultrasound and we still weren't able to get a good profile picture of his cute face. It seems that he is head down and his face is towards my spine. We were able to get some cool 3D pics of him, well of his arms, legs, etc! :)

Look how squished he looks! This is his right arm, resting on his right leg! We couldn't believe the size of his foot! Yikes, he's going to have big feet like his daddy & big sister!
This pic is of his back, shoulder and right arm. You could see his spine also. He was being stubborn and wouldn't allow any pictures of that little face!
My kids aren't too fond of the 3D ultrasounds. They think they are creepy. :) I think that they are amazing!

So, my appointment went smoothly. But apparently I need to lay off all the fruit & salads I've been eating cause I'm putting on way too much weight he said. :( I know that I've gained a lot total from the beginning of this journey but honestly I've only gained 14. Kind of left there with a complex and feeling a bit on the chubby side. :(

Weight Gain: 2 more lbs! Now up 14 lbs.

Cravings: Still Fruit, just not so much of it. Strawberries, Blueberries, Watermelon and Honeydew. I'm down to 1 Smoothie a week also. Still loving all kinds of Salads though. Tomatoes, Cucumbers, & Carrots also. Also, as before any Vinegar based foods, especially my green olives? Odd. And for some stranger reason I've been wanting beans? Any kind, black, pinto, kidney, etc?

Symptoms: Back pain has now started and I've also noticed that if I stand for a period of time (like shopping) I have the worst pelvic pressure. Difficult time sleeping is my major issue though. I just can't seem to sleep all night but am dying for a nap all day long. :(

24 weeks! Everything and I mean everything is so snug on me now. Darn you Watermelon! :)


Their baby's the size of a cantaloupe!
Their 10.5-to-11.8-inch fetus weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week he gets closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world. 
 
  
Their baby at 24 weeks!
  • His see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque.
  • And it's got a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.
  • His ability to see, hear, smell, taste, and feel are developing stronger each day.
 






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you look amazing! As always, love reading your posts. I like how you set everything up too. I think I will need to do something like this for my IPs!

    ReplyDelete